Headaches and Neck Pain in Orlando FL
Headaches and neck pain can be debilitating, especially for active adults. Fortunately, headaches and neck pain are often treatable problems. If you experience neck pain or headaches on a regular basis, chiropractic care can help. At Summit Chiropractic in Orlando FL, we help patients recover from their symptoms by treating the problem at its source. By identifying the cause of the pain, we can help patients overcome their injury and avoid injury again in the future.
Causes of Headaches and Neck Pain
Often headaches and neck pain are related problems. Neck pain is known to radiate up the spine and into the scalp, creating a headache-like pain in the temples and forehead. Causes of neck pain and related headaches include:
- Stress. Stress can cause muscle tension, resulting in pain up and down the spine and into the head.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that causes pain and tenderness in the neck. Whiplash can cause frequent headaches as well.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can cause back and neck problems, and may result in headaches over time.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when the vertebrae of the spine cramps the spinal cord. This can cause neck pain, tingling, headaches and communication problems between the brain and the rest of the body.
- Improper mattress or pillow. A bad mattress or pillow that fails to provide proper support to the spine can cause chronic neck pain and headaches, especially in the early morning.
All Natural Chiropractic Care
At Summit Chiropractic, our chiropractors Dr. Fike and Dr. Warner can help treat your neck pain and headaches with all natural, non-invasive chiropractic care. Our chiropractors will begin by diagnosing your condition and determining the cause of the pain. This can be done through physical examination, consultation and discussion of your typical behaviors and habits. Next, our chiropractors will use a variety of techniques to treat your pain, including:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that we use to restore balance to the spine and realign the vertebrae. Spinal adjustment can help treat subluxations and relieve patient pain.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to loosen tight muscles and restore range of motion in the neck and spine.
- Stretches and exercise. We teach our patients to perform stretches and exercise that can prevent neck injury from occurring again.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services can help our patients reduce inflammation and reduce neck pain.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Orlando FL Today
At Summit Chiropractic, we know how painful and aggravating neck pain and headaches can be. We’ve made it our goal to treat your injury holistically. To find out more about treating your neck pain and headaches in Orlando and Union Park FL, contact us at (407) 203-6745 for an appointment. We’ll be happy to treat your neck pain and help you avoid this problem in the future.