At Summit Chiropractic, our team provides comprehensive treatment and care to individuals suffering from a wide range of injuries including whiplash. Dr. Daniel Warner, DC and Dr. Jamee Fike, DC provide each patient with individualized care for their specific ailments. If you are suffering from whiplash, you may have chronic or acute pain. Don’t put off coming in to see our chiropractic team for a customized whiplash treatment right for your unique needs.
What Is Whiplash and Why Does It Happen?
Whiplash is a neck injury that is often misunderstood. An individual who suffers from whiplash has often been in some type of accident or incident in which the head moves around quickly, like a whip. The jarring movement back and forth causes damage in the neck. It can lead to significant pain, limited mobility, inflammation, and headaches. The most common causes of whiplash include car accidents especially rear-end collisions, sports accidents, physical abuse to the upper back, neck, or head, or other types of trauma.
You should seek out treatment if you have been involved in some type of traumatic event like this especially if you have signs of whiplash including:
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Pain that worsens when you move your neck
- Loss of range of motion in your neck and shoulders
- Tenderness or pain in the upper back, arms, and shoulders
- Tingling or numbness
Some people also experience blurred vision, trouble sleeping, difficulty concentrating, and depression from whiplash.
Chiropractic Treatment for Whiplash in Orlando
When you come in to see your chiropractor at Summit Chiropractic, our team will assess your condition and listen to your symptoms. We’ll provide a full exam to determine if you have whiplash and to determine what the underlying cause is. In many cases, our Orlando chiropractic team can offer treatment options for your pain. That treatment may include:
- Spinal adjustments: This process helps to properly position the spinal column especially the bones in the neck to reduce the pain and compression causing your pain. We can treat subluxations that occur in this area using adjustments.
- Massage therapy: We often recommend massage therapy for whiplash because it can offer significant pain reduction to many patients. It helps to speed healing and can reduce the inflammation caused by whiplash.
- Physical therapy: Another approach we use is stretches and exercises to the impacted area. It’s important to do this only under controlled circumstances with our team present to avoid further injury.
Our chiropractor in Orlando will work closely with you to find the right combination of treatment solutions to reduce your pain and help you to heal quickly. Whiplash doesn’t often occur immediately, often taking several days to become noticeable. If you’ve been in a car accident or sports incident, don’t wait to seek out help and treatment.
Schedule an Appointment for Chiropractic Care Today
Call Summit Chiropractic today for an appointment for whiplash treatment. Our team welcomes new patients. Call our offices for an appointment at 407-203-6745.