Knee Pain Treatment with our Orlando Chiropractors
It’s discouraging to realize how much disability can stem from a single joint plagued by an acute injury or chronic pain issue. What that joint is one of your knees, the results can quite literally prove crippling. If you can’t seem to take a step without agonizing pain and stiffness, make your next step a visit to Summit Chiropractic in Orlando, FL. Our skilled team can help you get over your symptoms and nurse your knee back to its best health.
Why Knee Pain Happens: Causes and Effects
The knee might seem like a simple “hinge,” but it’s actually a complex structure in which bones, cartilage, muscles, tendons, and ligaments must all work together as efficiently as possible. Your knee pain could the result of:
- Dislocated knee – An injury may cause the joint components within the knee to dislocate, causing immediate, intense pain and disability. A more subtle instability called “runner’s knee” produces pain in the front of the knee.
- Knee bursae inflammation – when the friction-preventing bursa sacs in the knee become irritated, they may swell up and become painful.
- Frozen knee – Extended inactivity can cause your knee tissues to become painfully “frozen” in place.
- Sprains and strains – A knee can be strained or sprained either through an acute hyperextension or over a sustained period of overuse.
- Tendinitis – Tiny tears in the tendons can cause the pain and inflammation of tendinitis.
Non-Surgical Knee Treatment From Your Orlando Chiropractor
Your Orlando chiropractor on your three-chiropractor team can analyze your knee alignment inside and out while discussing your symptoms, lifestyle, and any recent mishaps you may have experienced. An acute dislocation can respond to extremity adjustments that bring the joint components back into alignment. A postural misalignment could also be making you prone to chronic knee pain, injuries, and instabilities. In these cases, spinal adjustments may improve your overall balance and weight distribution.
Our team’s ability to help you control your knee pain doesn’t end with chiropractic care. We can also prescribe acupuncture to help you overcome pain without the need for drugs, as well as massage therapy to soothe strained tissues and help those tissues heal. Certain massage techniques are especially good at breaking up deep-set stiffness and chronic pain. You may even benefit from our physical rehabilitation services.
Let Us Help You Get Back on Your Feet Call Our Summit Chiropractic in Orlando, FL
There’s a whole world of activities out there to enjoy, so don’t let a nagging knee problem keep you off your feet. Call summit Chiropractic at (407) 203-6745 to arrange a consultation, evaluation, and non-invasive knee treatment. We’re your source for Orlando pain relief!