Whiplash is a common condition that affects car accident victims in Orlando FL. Below are some of the most common questions asked by our patients at Summit Chiropractic.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when small tears form in the muscles and ligaments of the neck.
What causes whiplash?
This condition is caused by a sudden force or impact that jerks the head either forward or backward. Whiplash typically occurs during car accidents, personal injuries, slips and falls and occupational injuries.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
Symptoms of whiplash are varied. As a result, many patients are unaware that they’re experiencing whiplash when it occurs. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Inflammation and tenderness in the neck
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and upper back
- Stiffness and limited mobility
- Blurry vision
What can your chiropractor in Orlando do to treat whiplash?
At Summit Chiropractic, we use a variety of techniques to help patients suffering from whiplash. Some of the most common treatments that we offer include:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that we use to realign the vertebrae of the neck and back. This targeted therapy can eliminate subluxations, relieve pressure on the spinal cord and reduce pain. Spinal adjustment is used to treat nearly all conditions, because it improves the overall functioning of the body and encourages patient healing.
- Therapeutic stretches. Therapeutic stretches and exercises can help patients improve mobility and strengthen the muscles after an injury occurs. Stretches and exercises can also reduce stiffness to help enhance patient comfort.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that chiropractors use to improve blood flow to injured areas, relieve patient pain and reduce patient anxiety.
- Lifestyle advice. We help patients adopt healthier behaviors during the healing process, which helps prevent injury complications.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care for whiplash?
There are many benefits of chiropractic care.
- All natural. At Summit Chiropractic, we never prescribe addictive medications or invasive procedures. Our techniques are all natural and safe for the patient.
- Customizable. All chiropractic care is customizable to the needs of the patient, which makes the procedures comfortable and effective.
- No recovery periods. Because there are no invasive procedures, chiropractic care requires no recovery period for the patient.
Why should a patient see the chiropractor after an accident, even if there are no signs of whiplash?
Many patients walk away from car accidents thinking that they’re uninjured only to realize days or weeks later that they’re feeling the effects of whiplash. Delaying treatment can result in complications. Seeing a chiropractor right after an injury occurs helps ensure that the patient will get whatever treatment required in a timely fashion.
Where can you go for whiplash treatment from a chiropractor in Orlando?
If you’re suffering from whiplash in Orlando, or if you’ve recently been involved in a car accident in Orlando, contact us today at (407) 203-6745.